Saturday, April 27, 2013

Slap Yo Momma Ribs

I found this crockpot rib recipe on Pinterest  and I cannot tell you how yummy this recipe is!  I tweaked it a little bit because the recipe only called for brown sugar and cayenne as the rub and I felt it needed some more spices.  This was my second time making it and equally delicious.

Crockpot Ribs
3 1/2 lb pork baby back ribs
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
bbq sauce (I used one bottle)

I put the ribs out to thaw overnight since it does take 9-10 hours to cook and I needed to have it in the crockpot at around 8 am.  I cut the ribs in half to fit in the crockpot.  Next, I rubbed the rub all over the meat focusing mostly on the meaty side.  After that, I placed them in the slow cooker with the meaty side down and propped up on the side. I poured a whole bottle of bbq sauce and made sure I got it on each side of the ribs.  Cook on low for 9-10 hours.


Spray a pan with cooking spray and place the ribs on it. I would use a glass cake pan because you will be pouring the sauce in the pan.

Pour the sauce in a pan and put on high until boiling.  Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.  Set your oven on broil and once the sauce is done, pour half of it on top of the ribs.  Put in the oven on the middle rack and broil 6 minutes.  Flip the ribs and add rest of sauce.  Broil 4 minutes.  Get the napkins out and go to town on these babies!
 

1 comment:

  1. This is the cuuuuutest thing Kas, I loooooove it...I am sooooo proud of you!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete