Sunday, May 12, 2013

My First Mother's Day!

 Today was my first Mother's Day and it honestly could not have been better!  Not only did I spend time with my own mother and family, I had the most amazing gift which was my daughter!  I feel like the luckiest woman out there to have such a precious daughter and amazing man beside me!  My Mother's Day started early a few days ago because me boyfriend gave me my gifts early.
I thought the gifts were done coming but this morning, Eric and Chloe left on a what Eric called "a secret mission" and when they got back, Eric called me into the living room to this...



Chloe's gift to me was a 90 minute massage, a facial, and a foot massage for Massage Envy.  I also got a coffee (much needed), a card, and flowers.  It was so adorable to see little Chloe holding my coffee for me but she makes anything cute! We went to Golden Corral (my mom and my aunt's request) with my mom, aunt Emogene, my cousin Shana, her kids Corey, Aliyah, and Amaya, their dad Corey, and my niece Adrianna.  
On this day and every day, I realize how lucky I am to have my mother.  She is really the best woman I have ever met!  She grew up with a mother who did not deserve her and she has been through a lot but has decided to overcome it all and be the best person she can be.  Ever since I can remember, my mother and her twin Emogene have taken care of other people's kids and have always been there for everyone in my family.  They really are the glue that holds us together.  I look up to those two women more than they will ever know!

Next, we brought flower's to Eric's mother's grave.  We also got a mini vase and added flowers so Chloe could put flowers on her Grandma's grave.  I really wish she was able to meet her other Grandma.  I know she would be obsessed with her Granddaughter and I know it tears Eric up that she is not able to meet her.  Through all the pain I know he went through on this day without his mother, he still made sure I had the best first Mother's Day and I look up to him for being so strong.
When we got home, Chloe was pretty sweaty so, we changed Chloe into her little romper I have been dying to put on her.


Then Eric made me dinner which was teriyaki steak, macaroni, corn, and mixed vegetables.  It was yummy as usual because he is awesome at grilling.
So, that was my day!  I have a new found respect for mothers and  I wish EVERY mother who sacrifices for their kids to raise good people a Happy, Happy Mother's Day!  

2 comments:

  1. *Tear* you are not only an awesome woman but an amazing mother. Good job Kasey wasey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Shana! That means a lot! And I did not know you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete