Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY Fabric Bows

One thing I love about having a baby girl is all the cute bows.  She has one to match almost every outfit in her closet.  I love a good headband bow but lately, we have been buying a lot more clip bows because they actually stay in Chloe's hair unlike the headbands.  Our favorite places to get them are Etsys.com and Wal-Mart.  When I was at Wal-Mart the other day, I saw 18 x 21 inch fabric squares for $1 each!  I had no clue what I was going to use them for but I am a sucker for anything that is a dollar!  I decided to try fabric bows and they turned out pretty good.  All you need is fabric, scissors, a glue gun, clips, and whatever embellishments you want to put in the middle of the flower.
I used a pop can to outline my first circle but you can use any round object depending on how big you want your bow.  You will need about nine of these circles so, use the first circle as a stencil for the other eight circles.  I folded the fabric multiple times so I did not have to individually cut out each circle. 
One of the circles will be the base so place it on a hard surface upside down.  Take another circle and fold it in half two times.  Then, take one side of the flap and fold it over. Glue the tip and place on the base.
Keep doing this, placing each piece of fabric next to each other and when there is no more room, overlap them.
Glue whatever embellishments you have in the center of the flower.  I used pearls and a pink rhinestone.  Next, glue the clip to the back of the flower and let it dry. And there you have it!  I would like if they would have turned out less frayed but that is what scissors are for!
 

+





No comments:

Post a Comment