Saturday, June 1, 2013

Five Month Update

I cannot believe my little girl is five months old but it is weird because I also do not remember life without her.  She has grown so much in this past month and is doing more and more new things.  You do not realize how things that seem so little are really monumental moments for a child and how proud that they make a parent.  For example, Chloe learning how to pick her pacifier up and put it in her mouth was so exciting for Eric and I.  Before I entered the Motherhood club, I did not realize that each little accomplishment, no matter how small, is so important and exciting in a child's life.  Every month, we use a chalkboard and take a picture so we can see how much she has grown from month to month.  When you are taking care of your child everyday, it is hard to see just how much they have really grown and changed physically so, looking back at previous months really shows you their growth. 




Weight: 15 lbs

Four Month Check-up: At Chloe's four month check-up, she got four shots.  I felt so terrible for being such a wreck when she was the one who had to get poked!  She did so awesome though!  Of  course she cried but afterwards, she acted like nothing happened!  We were told it was okay to start baby food and cereal.  She is in the 50th percentile for her weight, height, and head circumference.  And she is completely healthly!

Biggest Accomplishments:
-Eating cereal and baby food: She is still unsure about baby food and definitely still prefers her milk.  But she loves the cereal and is super filling compared to her milk.
-Rolling over: This is by far the accomplishment I am most proud of!  She is really starting to realize how to move her body and it is amazing how quick this came about.  I remember when she was just born and just laid there not even realizing she had two arms and two legs attached to her so, it is super exciting that she can actually roll over.
-Grabbing and reaching for items: I love that she grabs for things even if it is my face!
-Spitting:  I never thought I would say that it was cute for anybody to spit!  The other morning Chloe had her mouth on my cheek and kept spitting.   I honestly thought it was the cutest thing ever and made my morning!

Biggest Fail: So, we were out and about a few weekends ago and we just left Wal-Mart.  I smelt a familiar smell coming from Chloe's booty and I was hoping to myself that it was not a blow-out because that is her signature move.  I decide to just change her in the car and of course it was all over her outfit.  I always bring an extra outfit because of this reason but this time, I completely forgot to.  We had to put her in her car seat with no clothes on.  At first I felt like a terrible mom but I realized I am a first time mother and as long as I am doing my best and nothing less, I  should be proud.  And this would not be the first learning experience I have had in the last five months!

What we are working on:
-Holding our bottle
-Sign language for eat-Obviously she cannot sign yet but I want her to know what it means when I do it.  That way, when she can do it, she will catch on to it quicker.
-Sitting up

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS SOOOOO GREAT KAS, I LOOOOOVE THE WHOLE IDEA OF THIS...I KNOW I'M NOT THERE TO SEE HER GROW, SO THIS IS AMAAAAZING FOR ME AND I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THE MONTHLY PICS!!! IT IS SUCH A CUTE IDEA...I NEED TO START DOING IT!!! I LOOOOVE YOU, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...MOMMA IN TRAINING!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liv and I am glad u get to see her grow from New Mexico! Did you see she wearing the outfit u got heron the four month one? I just loving going through my camera and see how she is grown! I bet u do too! Give Amari and JR loving for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe is adorable! I hate taking my kids to get shots :( It's the worst!

    ReplyDelete