Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fourth of July Festivities!

Happy almost a week late Fourth of July!  Although it is a little late to be posting about our Fourth, I still am!  I did not have a four day weekend like my lucky boyfriend but it was still very enjoyable.  It was Chloe's first Fourth of July so it was a special day and weekend.  I am all about firsts when it comes to our baby girl.  I do not care if it is her first thumbnail or her first Fourth of July.  No matter how small, a first is a first and I love seeing her reaction to completely new things.  One new thing she was introduced to was fireworks of course!  We were thinking she was going to be so scared but nope!  She was a champ!  But any who, I wanted to share our Fourth of July with whoever stumbles upon this blog....
Does anyone else take a nap with their child a couple of hours after you wake up in the morning?  Well, we do and we love it even if that means we overslept the second time!  We woke up at 7 in the morning and took a nap shortly after that and slept until 10:30!  Now that would have been all fine and dandy if we did not have food to prepare, fireworks to get, a baby to get ready, and my own self to try and put some effort in.  Beside waking up later than I wanted, everything else went great from there!  Eric and I started preparing the food.  He grilled hot dogs, brats, and cheeseburgers and I made some appetizers; weenies, rotel, and taco cupcakes.  Eric's sister Nena brought over all the sides and some other stuff and we had a good time with both sides of our family.


Eric helped my niece and little cousins shoot fireworks and Eric's nephews brought a slip and slide all while Chloe, my mom, and I spectated.  I love simple moments like this.  We did not do anything too fancy but I could not have had a better day especially having my mom and dad there with me with my little family.



And then we went to go watch fireworks.  Fireworks can get kind of dull in my opinion because you see them every year and I seem to expect something crazy that is not going to happen.  But it makes me wonder how the heck they are made.  It really is amazing how they have different patterns and how they are made to shoot in different directions.  I know, that was a deep thought.  Once the show was done, Chloe's cousins did some fireworks and they also let off a flying sky lantern which was very pretty.  I definitely want to get Chloe one next year.
 I cannot keep my eyes open to save my life!


At the very end of the night, she burst in tears because of one of the fireworks.  It was so cute but so sad at the same time!  She lasted all day and night and did not let out one cry until that one firework that was not even that loud!  So, we spent the rest of he night in the car and it was one of the best moments because I got to spend some quiet time with my baby girl after a long day!  Thank you for reading and I hope everyone had a great Fourth!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment