Saturday, August 17, 2013

Nominated for a Blog Award!? What?!

Beautiful Felicia Rivera from fefeChristine nominated me for a Liebster Award and I this seriously made my day!!!  It makes my day for someone to just read my blog so this is super duper exciting!  I am really new to blogging but from what I understand, this award helps small blogs.  I will share 10 random facts about myself, answer 10 questions from Felicia, and nominate others for this award.

Ten Random Facts
1.) I have never owned any perfume and do not like to wear any.
2.) My guilty pleasure is reality T.V.!  I have no drama in my life so I gotta get it somewhere! 
3.) I am obsessed with watching beauty vloggers on Youtube.
4.) I got a Chinese symbol tattoo when I was 16 that was supposed to mean sincere but was told it means rich!  Maybe that is a sign I'll be rich one day!
5.) I hate a weird obsession with picking hairs.  Yes, it is very odd and kind of disgusting!
6.) My favorite trait about myself is the fact that I can see the good in everyone (unless you're  a serial killer or something horrendous like that!).  Everybody is different and I can always find a good quality in each and every person I meet.
7.) If I won the lottery tomorrow, the first thing I would do is start popping out kids like it was going out of style!  
8.) I wish Chloe's dad and I were married before we had Chloe so I wouldn't have to call him my baby daddy! 
9.) I am pretty sure I have aichmophobia which is a fear of sharp objects and corners.  I feel like such a weirdo but I cannot look at a sharp edge or object without wincing or feeling extremely uncomfortable.
10.) When I was younger, my best friend and I would play Jerry Springer with our barbies!

Ten Questions from fefeChristine

1.) Who are your top three favorite bloggers?
I love Little Baby Garvin, Andee Layne, and The Simple Swan.  I am sure you have heard of them but they are all mommy blogs but they post a lot about beauty also which I love.

2.) What is your favorite aspect of blogging/having a blog?
I love that it feels like a community and you have other people you can relate to.  Being able to save all my memories of being a new mother is also something I love about blogging. This is something I will have forever and be able to show Chloe when she gets older.

3.) What would your advice be to someone starting a blog?
For the longest time, I wanted to start a blog and never did.  Now that I have started it, I wish I would have done it a long time ago!  So, I would say just go for it if you have any desire to do it and if you don't like it, delete it!

 4.) What do you appreciate most in a typical day?
The time I get to spend with my daughter and my boyfriend.  Being at work 40 hours a week really makes me cherish the time I have with them.

5.) What motivates you as a blogger?
The fact that I am able to document my life as a mother and my daughters life growing up.  It is therapeutic and there are so many other people in this blogosphere I can relate to and learn from.  Being a mother is something I am so sure of but also so unsure of so, being able to see that there are other mothers experiencing the same thing makes me feel less discouraged.
 
6.) Who inspires you?
My daughter of course because she motivates me to do everything I do.  My mother and her twin Emogene have had the most effect on me in my life.  They are who I aspire to be and if I could be half of the woman they are, I will be happy!  Their life was definitely not a walk in the park but still became amazing woman and they are a great examples of what a person should be. Oh yea and Oprah but I think she inspires everyone!
 
7.) What are three must haves that can always be found in your purse?
One must is my wallet of course.  The second must is chap stick.  I might be the only person on this planet that can actually finish a whole thing of chap stick.  And the last is my makeup bag. 
 
8.) What is your favorite midnight snack?
I don't usually snack at midnight but I love chips and dips like French onion dip and spinach artichoke dip.
 
9.) What is one thing on your bucket list/goal list?
I want to be able to take my daughter to Disney Land.
 
10.) What is your current favorite book or latest read?
I have not read a book in a while because of school but the last books I read were The Fifty Shades of Grey books.  They are def risky but the love story is what I loved about it the most.  Other recent reads are 90 Minutes in Heaven and A Stolen Life.  I would recommend each and every one of them!
 
Who I Nominate:


2 comments:

  1. I always have chapstick with me at all times too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried the EOS chapsticks? If not, you should!

      Delete