Monday, August 26, 2013

Our Weekend in Pictures

We had a much needed three day weekend and it was so nice to spend time three days with my little family.  The weekend was filled with firsts, food, football, and cuddles.  That combo together is what I call a perfect weekend!

On Friday, we took Chloe to the park for her first time and then went to the mall where she went on her first carousel ride.  She loved the swing which was basically the only thing she could actually do at the park.   All this fun resulted in this....
 
On Saturday we went to my little cousin's football game and got to see my family.  I got to put her jean vest on her which I am obsessed with but it quickly came off due to the 90 degree heat.  We did not stay long for that reason but it was fun while it lasted!


I got these football bowls and chip and dip set at Dollar Tree for $1 each and I used the pre-season game Saturday to put them to use!  I made nachos, quesadillas, wings, rotel, and microwaved some TGIF spinach artichoke dip.  I am planning to do a blog post about the quesadillas but I wanted to share the recipe I got from Six Sister's Stuff.  I tweaked it a little but it will be at the bottom of this post if you are interested!

 Baked Buffalo Wings
 Nachos
Dip & Quesadillas
My little Chiefs fan!


On Sunday, we had a chill day and did not leave the house!  I got some laundry done and we worked with Chloe all day trying to get her to crawl.  At the end of the day, she finally did and I am one proud momma!
 
Baked Buffalo Wings
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
20 chicken wings
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup Franks Red Pepper Sauce
 
1.) Mix the flour and all of the seasonings together.
2.) Dip each wing in the flour mixture and place on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray and let set in the fridge for a hour.
3.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4.) Melt the butter and add the hot sauce.  Half the sauce into two separate bowls and put one aside for now.
5.) Dip each wing in the mix and set on the cookie sheet.
6.) Bake for 20 minutes.
7.) Flip the wings over and add the hot sauce mix on each wing and cook for another 20 minutes.
8.) Enjoy!
 

12 comments:

  1. Holy Moly! We're coming to y'all's house for football games! Haha! Looks awesome!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award!!!

    http://kandidkristen.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, come on down to Missouri then! And thank you sooooo much Kristen! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese pictures are so adoreable!!! Your daughter is so sweet <3
    Trying this recipe this weekend for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thanks Jeannie! Let me know how the recipe turns out!

      Delete
  4. So cute! Where do you buy her bows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I get them everywhere! But I love Etsy, Childrens Place, Walmart, Target, and even Forever 21!

      Delete
  5. What a little doll! Her little bows kill me! She is so beautiful! And seriously my husband will love you for that recipe! THank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karina! Good, if you make them let me know how it turns out for you guys! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so darling. Your baby girl is just adorable! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adriana! I hope you have a great weekend too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. All of that food looks WAY too good!!
    And oh my word... your little girl is too gorgeous... I could just eat her right up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!! I could to! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete