Friday, January 10, 2014

The BIG One!

On January 31, 2013, Chloe turned one and I cannot believe it!!!  I am personally not the mom who is gonna to continue and say she is 13 , 14, 15, months and etc so to see her "months" end, I was very emotional about it.  The day before, I had to work and I was so upset that I had to work on her "Birthday Eve".  Regardless of my feelings, there was no stopping it and I was also proud and excited to celebrate.  We had her party that Saturday at the same place my baby shower was so that was very special to come back to the place we celebrated her upcoming arrival.

On her birthday, we went to breakfast, then went to the mall so her Daddy could get her some clothes and her first pair of Jordan shoes ( he loves them so baby needed a pair too), and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese.  And let me take a minute to discuss the new Chuck E....  His face looks like he had a face lift and it is not a good look.  When he came out, me and Eric looked at each other like, "WTF?!"  The kids didn't know a difference obviously and the kids that were scared of Chuck E (Chloe included) would have been scared regardless!  So, this post will have tons of pictures so let me start with the day of her birthday...
 Her Birthday gifts



 Going down the slide!
Chloe thought he was okay from afar but not this close!

Now  on to her party....  I got my first dose of throwing a birthday party and it was stressful even though I have been planning it for months and months.  I did not get everything I wanted done and I wanted way more decorations than we were able to do .  My boyfriend got called in to work that night to plow snow so he didn't get to sleep for 24 hours and he had to help me because my sister was unable to. I obsessed over the cake I made and sugar cookies that did not turn out right.  I wish I would have done finger foods instead of pizza.  I did not get a chance to get the place mats for each table or the picture banner for her first year.  But looking back, that was all very minor, unimportant things and I am glad we had our family there to celebrate.  And that is all that matters! It was a princess party and the colors were gold and pink.  Here are some pics...
 Our family.
 The dessert table.  I made the Chloe sign out of scrapbook paper and ribbon and I loved  how it turned out. I also made the "One" sign on Chloe's highchair for her cake smash.






Boo Boo opening presents.
Singing Happy Birthday!
Sleepover with her cousins!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats mom! Looks like she had a blast!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful 1st birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete