Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day One- Baby Weight be Gone

After 14 months, I have decided to finally lose my baby weight.  By no means do I think I am fat or overweight but I do want to feel better about my body and be healthy.  Summer is approaching slowly but surely and I want to be able to enjoy going to the pool in a bikini and focus all my energy on fun with my family.  I have tried over and over to attempt to lose my baby weight but I have failed each time, so I figured by documenting every day (who am I kidding, prob every other day) it will help me stick to it.  So, let's see what happens!

Before I got pregnant I was always between 115-120.  I could always eat what I wanted and never exercised.  There was nothing fit or healthy about me, I was just skinny.  Little boobs, little butt, little everything.  The one area I always had an issue with was my tummy.  It seemed like everything I ate went to my stomach.  So when I got pregnant, I thought I would be such a cute prego.  I had unrealistic ideas of what kind of pregnant lady I would be.  I had this idea that I would be all tummy, dress up in cute pregnant outfits, and bounce back with a quickness.  Boy, was I wrong!

I ate everything in sight and not one last bite of food could sit on my plate (or fast food tray) without being stuffed in my face.  Around the middle of my pregnancy, my gynecologist started to tell me at every appointment I needed to slow down but I was too far in on the overeating food train, there was no going back!  I remember him telling me pregnant woman only need half of a sandwich more than the regular person.  When he told me that, I remember thinking, "How dare him!?"  It is funny looking back it now but I was offended, he should have known not to tell a pregnant woman that! In the end, I gained almost 60 pounds weighing in at almost 180 pounds.

Once I had Chloe, I did not have an appetite for the longest time.  That  along with breastfeeding and being so busy with Chloe, I just knew I was going to lose the weight by not eating very much of anything.  And I did but I decided to stop breastfeeding, my appetite started coming back, and the I started eating like I was pregnant again.  Even being full, I could not let any food go to waste.  I have tried and tried to start a diet and exercise plans but quit each time.  Saying I will start Monday has came out of my mind too many times.  So, I decided to really commit and I feel like this time is different.

My plan is to stick to a 1500 calorie diet.  I have done research and looked at different blogs on health and fitness (Mama Laughlin and Bender Fitness are my favorites) so I have gotten a lot of food ideas and let me tell you, it is so easy to meet that eating clean  and healthy food.  I am not gonna lie, I am not going to eat all clean but not only do I cook for my family but it is expensive, time consuming, and I will be more likely to cheat if I eat all clean  and let's be honest, boring food.  I am going to rely heavily on healthy snacks also so I do not starve myself which will lead to me over eating when it comes to dinner time.  I will workout 5-6 times a week and I am going to start slow.  I like Melissa Bender's workouts because she has a lot of quick but effective workouts.

Day One:



What I ate:
 Breakfast: Blueberries and Strawberries
Snacks: Brocolli, cauliflower, and Hummus and spinach salad with egg and french dressing.
Lunch: Not shown, Lean Cuisine Spaghetti ( I know it is packaged but it is easy!)
Calories in all: About 800
Mama Laughlins Chicken Skinnier Spaghetti found here.
Calories: Around 300 to 400

Exercise:
Ab, Arm, Booty, Leg Workout from Melissa Bender found here.
Ab 10 Minute Workout found here.

So, that is all for day one.  If you happen to be reading this and have any pointers for me, I would appreciate ANY advice.  I will end this post with a picture of my beautiful daughter....








1 comment:

  1. Goodness, she's a cutie pie! Good luck, I agree...eating clean is difficult! :)

    ReplyDelete