Sunday, March 23, 2014

What we Ate...

I find taking pictures of my food helps me stay on the right track as far as eating healthy since there is evidence!  So, I decided to document what we ate today.  I am actually enjoying eating healthier food and I do not crave the grease and all the bad stuff I was used to eating.  I started this journey to feel better about my body but I see if as a life change now.  I actually look forward to eating healthier foods.  I made meal prepped today for the work week and I actually cannot wait until lunch tomorrow to eat my salmon salad!  So, here is what we ate...

Breakfast:
Chloe and Eric had scrambled eggs with cheese and I had an egg white omelet with cheese and spinach.  I made some turkey bacon and some banana/egg pancakes which I did end up eating and then Chloe and I had kiwi.

Snacks:
Chloe loves these Graduates Ranch lil' Crunchies and I had a Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fiber Plus Bar which was 120 calories.

Lunch:
I used a 100 calorie Pocket Thin and put a teaspoon of Miracle Whip, turkey, half a slice of cheese, and romaine lettuce.  I also had  grapes and cucumbers with hummus.  Chloe had the same thing basically but no bread and she had her hummus on crackers.  I let her try hummus a couple weeks ago thinking she would hate it but she loves it!  Eric just had leftovers.

Dinner:
So I did splurge a little and had chili with beef tips in it.  I know I was having more calories for dinner so I made sure I kept it low for the first part of the day.  I ended up only have about 600 calories including breakfast, snacks, and lunch so I did not feel bad about it.  By this time, Chloe was starving and I added green beans, peas, and pears for her.  I like to add a veggie and a fruit to all of her meals to make it a more balanced meal.
My messy girl
So, there it is!  If I would have looked at these meals a couple weeks ago, I would have thought, "How Boring!"  but now, I am satisfied and feel good about what I put in my body!  I have come a long way!

3 comments:

  1. Your meals sound awesome!! I love seeing these posts to get more ideas for my little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 37 weeks pregnant with Baby #3 and if I took pictures of what I was eating...oy vey! The world would cringe!!!! It is nice to look at pictures because I'm like THAT is a normal portion... oh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas!! And your daughter is so sweet!!! Xo

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete