Monday, May 26, 2014

Land of the Free Because of the Brave


Having three day weekends, bbqing, and spending time with friends and family is all great but we tend to forget what Memorial Day is really about.  We would not have all of the freedom to do these things if it was not for the men and women that have risked their lives to serve.  It really puts things into perspective when you think about how every fallen soldiers comes from somewhere and has left someone or something behind.  So, thank you to not only the fallen soldiers and also their families who sacrificed equally as much.

With that being said, I wanted to share how we celebrated this Memorial Weekend.  Let me start but saying that three day weekends NEED to be permanent.  Everyone needs a recovery day from the weekend (a weekend for a weekend, right!?) and I think Tuesday is the new Monday!  Saturday was really exciting because we went swimming for the first time this summer at my cousin Amaya's birthday party.  Saying Chloe loved it is an understatement.  She was living it up and just floated on her life jacket like she had no care in the world!
 On Sunday, my sister and her boyfriend had a cook out at a park and my little family picked up my Mom and Aunt Emogene and went.  We had a lot of fun hanging out with family and I was good and did not eat anything there because of my diet so I was proud of myself.
 Chloe with her Aunt Nicole and my neices Adrianna and Ayana at a BBQ.
 Chloe and Daddy, I love this picture of these two!
 Playing with her bff Ayana.  

Today we cooked out and played A LOT!  Eric's dad, his friend Kyle, and Kyle's son Jayce came over to eat.  Kyle brought over a bat and ball set and we played with that.  I think I had more fun with it than the kids!  So, Chloe partied like a rockstar all weekend and I'm not gonna lie, I felt like a big kid!  




That is a whole lot of corn for a little baby!  Too cute for words!




No comments:

Post a Comment