Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Glimpse into our Summer

This summer has been exciting since Chloe is older and can actually enjoy different activities you do in the summer!  I love teaching and showing her new things and I wanted to document this time of her life so here are some snippets of our summer! 
 Swimming with our cousins!
 Montoya Family Reunion 2014.  This is Eric's family reunion and there was a mariachi band there which was pretty cool.  Eric is half Mexican but you would never be able to tell.  It is funny because people always think I am of Spanish decent and at the reunion, someone asked if I was Eric's Dad's daughter!
 Water fun again!  
 I told you she liked water!
 Shades in the house, she is that cool!  
 So, I thought it would be fun to get Chloe some washable paint but she really did not understand the concept.  She put it in her mouth and did everything but paint with it!
Baby girl and I on the Fourth of July.
 Zoo time looking at the penguins.
 Our first time painting her toes!  I seriously could not contain my excitement about this!  She just sat there and let me do it and now anytime I paint my nails, she puts her toes out to do hers!
 18 month checkup!  I love our pediatrician.  Chloe was scared so she let her use her stethoscope on her stuffed animal and she was okay after that!
First time using the big girl scale!  Usually. they weigh her on the scale where she lays down but this made it official that baby girl is getting big.  I have a love/hate relationship with her getting older.  On one hand, I love it because she is learning and progressing like she should but on the other hand, I want her to stay little forever.  One thing I do feel is grateful.  Grateful to be her momma, grateful to be able to teach her things grateful to watch her grow.
What a surprise, more water! This is from our cousin Aaliyah's 9th birthday.  We went to a water park and of course Chloe has a blast!  I cannot believe that my cousin Aaliyah is 9!  There are so many things about this little girl that is rare.  She is such a big girl and loves to take care of anyone littler than her.  I remember when she was little like Chloe and I am so happy I am her cousin!

Sleepover time!  Chloe's little cousins spent the night with us last night which Chloe loved.  My neices Adrianna and Ayana and my little cousins Amaya and Adrianna spent the night and we made our own pizzas, smores, the big girls did face masks, and we played in the tent for a while!
 Drinking and Driving.
 This us from my Aunt Mary Ellen's birthday party.  
Sleepover!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yea, we have had a pretty good summer so far!

      Delete
  2. She is so adorable and I love that you painted her toes! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is adorable. It looks like she's been enjoying the summer. What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer has been busy!
    Your daughter is adorable!
    Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sofia loves getting her toes painted! She'll see me doing mine and come up to me with her hand out for me to get those fingers. LOL. It's so fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete