Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Fitness Journey Update

The first picture was taken in March of this year and the second was taken yesterday.  Looking at these two pictures side by side makes me really proud of myself!!!  I tend to get down on myself because I do not feel I am making as much progress as I should or want to so this makes me feel better and like it is all worth it.  I have not weighed myself in about a month so I am not sure what I weigh right now nor do I want to know because it is not just about the weight.  I remember when I first started, I had not lost any weight yet but my pants did not fit as tight so that shows that it is not just about the weight.

My Diet:
I am not as strict with my diet as I was before just because I have lost a majority of what I wanted,  At first I was aiming for 1200 calories a day and I think that is just too low for me.  If I was working on losing a large amount of weight, I probably would keep at that but for now, I am aiming for 1500 to 1800 calories depending on what workout I am going to do that day.  I noticed when I ate more calories, I saw better results.  I think that it is because I had more energy from the extra food and allowed me to get a better workout in but that is just my theory!  I have noticed that if I eat a bigger breakfast, I am less as likely to give into bad cravings because it keeps me full for longer.  I have been keeping it simple for lunch and doing mostly sandwiches.  I love the Flat out bread and the Orowheat Sandwich Thin bread which are both 100 calories.  For dinner, I have been still modifying what I make for my family to meet my diet.  I have been thinking about taking up IIFMY (If it Fits My Macros)  but I am not sure I want to focus that much on my diet.  
Turkey sandwich with veggies and hummus,
A BLT (turkey bacon), 100 calorie greek yogurt with granola, half a banana, and strawberries.

Exercise
For exercise, I am still sticking with the YouTube videos, mainly Melissa Bender.  She is amazing and kicks your ass!  her website is Benderfitness.com and has a breakdown of all her exercises.  I have trying to get cardio in a little everyday so I can shed the last few pounds I would like to lose and I have layer of fat on my tummy I need to shed to get these little baby abs to show!  They're there I swear!  I like HIIT since it incorporates hard and then less hard cardio also.  My endurance is def picking up even though cardio is still kicking my ass.  I consider activities with Chloe to be exercise so I like to go swimming, go on walks, and just play with her.  We went to the zoo over the weekend and I walked my butt off of course.  It was so much fun but I still got a good little workout in.  Talk about a win/win!

Goals
My goal for the rest of this month is to focus more on abs, specifically my lower abs because I have this pooch going on I would like to see gone!  Also, I want to raise my endurance for cardio. If you are reading this and have any suggestions, let me know because I would love some input into what I can do to help me on my journey!

17 comments:

  1. You look great and your hard work is paying off girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done amazing! I'm going to have to look into those Melissa Bender workouts. Have you ever looked at the Fitness Blender workouts on You Tube?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) You should, she is awesome! And no I haven't, going to look it up now!

      Delete
  3. You look fantastic! You should be proud of your accomplishments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca!!! Although I have a ways to go, I am pretty proud!

      Delete
  4. Wow look at you sculpting your core! You look fantastic. Keep doing what you're doing, I would not go to IIFYM. You have a good assortment of food in your diet, especially the raw veggies and fruits. You're doing fine without it and have a good balance. That other diet is too time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I appreciate the advice of IIFYM, I agree and will just continue what I am doing!

      Delete
  5. You look great! This is an inspiration for me after I have my baby.

    xo Christina
    wouldyoulikesomewine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much!! Just give yourself time after having baby! We all need it!

      Delete
  6. You go girl! I'm already looking forward to
    Shedding weight after this little girl FINALLY comes! Btw your daughter is gorgeous!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know, it is so hard with our bodies changing so much!!!

      Delete
  7. You look fabulous! It really does make all the difference when you see a side by side and can tell the changes being made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stumbled across your blog! I too am on a fitness journey. I'm trying to shed my baby weight. Sometimes I feel like 1200 is too few for me too!
    You're doing great, keep it up!
    xx
    Melissa
    www.lovelikejohnnyandjune.com

    ReplyDelete