Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Snake Saturday and Zoo Sunday!

Spring has finally sprung and I could not be more happy!  I was so anxious for this weekend that past because it was going to be 60 to 70 degrees all weekend.  Even though Spring doesn't officially start until this Frid, I am so over Winter and I feel like it just dragged on!  I had big plans for us this weekend! 

The Snake Saturday Parade and Carnival was on Saturday which is basically a kids friendly St Patrick’s Parade since the one on the actual holiday is more for drunken grown-ups!  No judgment to those drunken adults because let’s be honest, I have had my fair share of drunken moments but now that I am a mom and holiday junkie, I look forward to my child getting to celebrate.  I made a little St Patty’s themed breakfast of green eggs, fruit, and of course Lucky Charms.  After we got ready, we picked up my sister and her two girls, grabbed some donuts, and headed to the parade.  We met my cousin and her kids also.  Chloe wasn't too impressed with the parade but after that, we went and rode some rides and played around at the carnival and she loved that part!!!   After all that action, it only made sense to take a nap in the car outside of the house. We just couldn't make it in to the house!  After our nap, we picked up my two nieces and had a little sleepover.





On Sunday, we went to the Zoo for the first time this year.   Chloe loved seeing all the “Ammals” aka the animals.  What next?  Another nap, once again, it only made sense!  After that, Eric grilled some hot dogs and cheeseburgers and I enjoyed some wine and yummy food.  Every Sunday around dinner time, I get this “Oh, shit, the weekend it basically over” feeling and how I wish I could rewind the weekend! 


So, that was our weekend!  It was all about fun and I am not even upset that I did not get one house chore done!  No regrets other than not taking Monday off to recover!  Happy St Patty's Day!

7 comments:

  1. 60 and 70 degree weather sounds heavenly!! We are already at 90 degrees and it's too hot!
    I didn't even think to look for a St Patty's Day parade, mom fail! I'll have to search for other parades in our area in the next couple of months!
    So much fun at the zoo! Mia LOVES to go see the "an-mals!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I don't think I am ready for 90 degrees yet though! Lol Us moms can't think of everything! It is so fun to see them get so excited about the anmals!!!

      Delete
  2. We recently had some weather in the 60s and it was sooo wonderful. A bit of a tease though since apparently it's supposed to snow tomorrow? Her little pigtails are SO cute!!!!! I can't wait until it's warmer more often and we can head to the zoo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that! I am just waiting on the weather to switch back bc it is so back and forth! Thank you!!!

      Delete
    2. I hate that! I am just waiting on the weather to switch back bc it is so back and forth! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! We're big fans of the zoo - can't wait to make our first zoo trip this year! It's really such a great activity for toddlers - and nice for us adults to get out of the house as well!

    We had great weather last week and throughout the weekend. And now it's freezing again - and supposed to snow on Friday. I'm not a big fan of Mother Nature right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! And i know how you feel, Mother Nature is just playing with our emotions and it is about to drive me nuts!

      Delete