Monday, April 27, 2015

Big Girl Room

We finally got around to painting Chloe's toddler bed and changing things around for her big girl room.  My mom's neighbor was nice enough to give us their old grand babies bed.  It was a light wood color but her furniture is white so Eric painted it white and it looked good as new!  We did not change anything too dramatic like the wall coloring and decor, just added a few things and got rid of a few things. 
This is when you first walk in and then the bottom picture is her new bed!  Since toddler beds have the same size mattresses as cribs, I could not really find a great comforter that would fit so I just got a Hello Kitty blanket and folded it to fit.

This is the dresser side.  We have had this dresser since she was born.  It was also given to us and Eric spruced it up.  We got the pink knobs 40% off at Hobby Lobby.  On the dresser are some pictures of her Grandmas on both sides, my old baby shoes, and a lamp.  On the right side, are some diy vases with flowers.  I got some flowers and little pink rhinestones at Hobby Lobby and the little vases are from Dollar Tree.

We got this shelf unit at Target which we bought to put in place of her changing table a while ago.  I love this little thing because it stores a bunch of stuff like her hair stuff, bows, headbands, etc but it you mix also add some decor to it.  Above it is a quote that says, "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."  We have had it since she was born also and I love it because it is so true!

 The only new thing on this side is the little princess chair which I adore!  The little picture boards are perfect for her hair clips!  So that is her big girl room!  It is so girly just like Chloe.  I always think the light is on in her room when I look down the hall way because the pink is so dang bright! I think in a couple years, we will redo the theme and take away the black but we will see!  

13 comments:

  1. That pink princess chair is darling! Love pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had an adult size one for me!

      Delete
  2. I'm normally not a pink fan, but I really like how you did her room - I love the contrast between the lighter pink and the brighter pink and I really love the striped accent wall. Very cute! And that chair is the cutest! I want one for Mila!

    Did Chloe sleep in her new bed yet? How did she do? We're getting Mila's big girl room ready and we're hoping to make the switch this summer. I'm on the lookout for any and all tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the little chair too, probably my favorite part. She has not slept in her bed yet. She was so excited about it until it ccame time to sleep in it! Go figure! I am hoping to start her off with naps and then slowly ease her into it, wish me luck! I think we will both need it!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness it is perfect! It looks adorable. Every detail was thought out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how adorable her room is!! That little bed is perfect! Your neighbors are so sweet. And that princess chair? I am DYING over it! Can I ask where you got it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I know, I need a princess chair like it! Lol! I got it from Nebraska Furniture Mart!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Courtney! I know, I need a princess chair like it! Lol! I got it from Nebraska Furniture Mart!

      Delete
  5. You did a wonderful job on her room. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete