Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend 2015

Happy late Easter!!!  Although we had an amazing Easter, I am glad it is over!   We started off our weekend going to the Good Friday service at what I think is our new church home.  Chloe stayed in the sanctuary with me and everyone was putting their hand up giving praise and singing and the next thing I know, Chloe is singing and putting her hand up copying everyone else!  I about died, it was tooooo cute!  I wish I was able to get a picture!  And then on Saturday, we went to a baby shower, went home, and started prepping for Easter.  We did a couple crafts and Chloe dyed Easter eggs.

Easter morning, we woke up and gave Chloe her Easter basket she loved it!  I tried my hardest not to go overboard because I do not want to deflect from what Easter is really about.  I think I did pretty good not going crazy because Lord knows it would be like Christmas if I had no self control!  I made a quick breakfast and then we got ready for church.  Service was great and there is something that makes me so proud going to get Chloe from Sunday school  and getting her craft she did for the day.  Makes me feel like I am doing something in my world of thinking I am not doing enough. 

Crazy hair don't care!

After church, my cousin Shana and I started prepping for dinner.  We made ham, twice baked potato casserole, green bean casserole, candied yams, deviled eggs, macaroni and cheese, and rolls.  We did our thing I must say! :)  We also did a little egg hunt and all the kids kept giving Chloe eggs and she ended up with the four our five eggs that had money in it!  It pays to be a baby, she better use that to her advantage as long as she can!  So, that was our Easter! 
  

4 comments:

  1. SO smart to dye the eggs half naked! I'm glad you had a good Easter... and also so happy it's over as well haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, beautiful, busy weekend! I'm actually sad that Easter is over, ha! I feel like I have nothing left to look forward to other than 120 degree weather. My pregnant body will obviously love that, HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I cannot even imagine pregnancy in the summer, it should be against nature! It will all be worth it though!

      Delete