Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans

Another weekend bites the dust!  It was one of those weekends where I felt like I did nothing but then again I feel like I did a lot.  Does that make sense!?  Our weekend started off with presents so I knew it was gonna be a good one!  I picked Chloe up from her Grandma’s after work Friday and when we got home, we had presents there from Eric.  Chloe opened hers first and she got some black and pink Nike’s and a soccer ball and then I got a Coach wallet.  The best part was the little note on my present that said “Just Because.”  We are truly blessed to have him and not just because he gives us gifts (although that does help!) but because he is always thinking of us and trying to do things that make us happy. 


On Saturday, we went to Eric’s nephews soccer game and Chloe brought her little soccer ball and even tried to  go on the field to play with it!  We also did a tiny bit of shopping because I have a toddler summer clothes addiction that I cannot say no to.  I did end up getting me a shirt from Pink also so that made me feel good after I got over the fact I spent $25 on a shirt.  I never used to do that and I always shop on the clearance rack but lately, the Pink line has been calling my name and I am loving all of their day to day comfy shirts.  We got home pretty late and I whipped up from Chicken Parmesan and then Chloe and I played in the rain.  She loved it and I must say, I felt like a kid again!  It is funny how they can make you feel so old at times and then other times, they make you feel so young! 




We didn't really do too much on Sunday.  Well at least Chloe and I didn't!  By the time we woke up, Eric was already up working on my car.  He changed my oil , checked my brakes, rotate my tires, vacuumed my car, and then mowed two yards!  I am wore out from typing that!   Chloe and I lounged a little bit until she went to sleep and I decided to do something with my life.  I switched out all off my winter and spring/summer clothes and cleaned out my junk drawer.  It is amazing what you find when you do a little Spring cleaning.   I had a pork loin cooking all day in the crock pot and we had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner around 6 pm.  I think we were hit with the harsh reality our weekend was coming to an end and we wanted to do one more thing before Sunday ended.  So, we decided to go by Eric’s work where there is a fountain and park.   It is beautiful isn't it?!  Not really at all but Chloe did enjoy it!  And that was the end… Now it is time to kick this weeks butt! 

 A few extras!


 She put Cinderella in time out in her castle!

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha she put Cinderella in time out? It's so cute that kids act out with their toys what happens to them in real life. When Lyla thinks I'm not paying attention I hear her saying to her toys the same things I say to her. Too cute. I'm the same way about clothes! I usually have an under $20 policy but occasionally I splurge to $25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is hilarious! I guess toys are the only thing they can boss around! Yea, you
      can always find a sale so why pay full price! But you do gotta splurge every once in a while!

      Delete
    2. I know, it is hilarious! I guess toys are the only thing they can boss around! Yea, you
      can always find a sale so why pay full price! But you do gotta splurge every once in a while!

      Delete
  2. Make you feel old and young...truth. I do enjoy the magic of youth via Aria. It is even better the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how you can go from one extreme to another when it comes to how kids make you feel and I am looking forward to the second time around! Maybe I might actually know what I am doing the second go round! Lol!

      Delete
  3. Sweetest, sweetest husband! I love the just because gifts! And especially love that he took the time to pick those out for his girls!!
    What a good weekend... and just in time for this weekend! Yay!

    ReplyDelete