Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Our Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was pretty much perfect.  I got an early start and woke up at 7 am.  You would think I would have been disappointed that I didn't get to sleep in but I so enjoyed having alone time while Chloe and Eric slept.  I got a good hour and a half in alone and I got ready for the day, drank my coffee, and read my Bible for a good twenty minutes.  
My PERFECT new bag!

Once they woke up, I got Chloe ready and we went to my mom's to give her and her twin their Mother's Day gifts and to go to the buffet together.  I loved my mom's reaction to her new Nikes and outfit we got her.  My mom and her twin have always been givers and rarely ever do anything for themselves so I love to see them open gifts!
Chloe "signing"  her card to Grandma.
Chloe, my mom, and I at the Buffet.
It started pouring down as soon as we left so after we dropped my mom off, we went and got some movies to just watch at home.  Chloe and I cuddled for like two seconds before she got the itch to play.  After our movie, we ran out to put flowers on Eric's mother's grave.

We ended the night with a water balloon fight.  And that is it! I felt so blessed that I had two reasons to celebrate this day.  I have an amazing mother who brought me into this life and I have an amazing daughter who gave me life in a whole other way.  Happy late Mother's Day to all the mommas out there!  We have the hardest but by far the best job out there!

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post :) And how fun that you ended the day with a water balloon fight!!!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Happy Mother's Day to you also and yea it was a good way to end the day!

      Delete
    2. Thank you ! Happy Mother's Day to you also and yea it was a good way to end the day!

      Delete
  2. What a perfect Mother's Day!! I admit that I got to sleep in until 8:30 (thank you Mia!!) and it was heavenly! But only because my body is so exhausted these days, ha ha!
    Don't you love cuddle time with our littles? The whole 2 seconds that it lasts?? ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Being preggo any extra sleep you can get is heaven sent! I do, you gotta enjoy it while it lasts! Lol!!!

      Delete
  3. Your purse is fabulous!!! Funny how long those cuddles seem to last with active toddlers... Glad you had a sweet Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I know, they are like little energizer bunnies!

      Delete