Monday, June 22, 2015

Faja's Day

"Happy Faja's Day Daddy!"  Hearing Chloe's little voice say this all day was the highlight of my weekend.  I was thinking about how blessed Chloe really is.  Of course having Eric as her Daddy is the biggest blessing but also having two her Pops (Eric's Dad) and her Papa (my dad) just tops it off.  

My Dad came over and I made him breakfast and she was loving it.  She used to cry if he tried to pick her up when she was a baby but now she is really obsessed with him and so is her momma!  There is nothing like seeing your parent with your child!  My dad and I were able to really get some dad/daughter time in.  The relationship I have with my parents now is so much different now compared to when I was a kid obviously and I just love having a new perspective about my Dad since I now have my own child and am not a bratty teen!  We really are so much alike and he is literally the most accepting when it comes to other people.  He embraces ALL types of people and I am proud to say I get that from my Daddy!
Chloe and her Pops.  This is Eric's Dad.  Chloe's face lights up when she sees her Pops.  It is the cutest thing to see.  Even though he has bad knees, a bad back, etc,, that never stops him from getting on the floor and playing for hours.  Of course he loves his little grand baby but I think Chloe reminds him of his youngest daughter and brings back memories.
 On to this one,  One of a kind.  There are so many traits to this man that come to mind that make him a good Dad. 

He is her playmate. This little girl will never have to crave that attention because that is all she gets from him. 

He is her translator.  There are so many times I cannot understand Chloe and Eric knows exactly what she is saying,   

He is her protector.  He watches her like a hawk in public and no one is getting to this child without going through her Daddy first.

He is her push over.  Yes, I said it!  He lets her do things Momma doesn't  like eat Mickey Donalds multiple times in a week.

He is her number one fan,  There is no one who roots for her like Daddy.  

He is her teacher.  The good thing about Eric is the fact that he has so much knowledge and he loves to share it especially with his baby girl.  It melts my heart when he takes the time to explain to her how something works.  

He is so much more and the love he has for his daughter is something I am happy I get to see,  There is not one I would rather go on this journey with as a parent.  I can Thank God for that.  Like with everything, He knew what He was doing when He brought us together 7 years ago. 


11 comments:

  1. Oh this is the sweetest post!! You girls are blessed with amazing men in your lives (and let's be real... they are blessed to have you girls in their lives ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have to agree with you on that one!!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a great father's day. I wish Sophie could have her grandfathers, but both of them were gone before she came into the picture. Eric sounds like such a great dad too.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is very blessed to have all three of them!

      Delete
  3. Too true about Dads being the pushovers, its the same thing over here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really know how to wrapped around that little finger!

      Delete
  4. Dustin lets Brylee get away with a lot more than me too! Looks like you had a great Father's Day!

    'Tis Our Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny to watch?! Just a bat of a lash and that is all it takes! We really did!

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet post! I love all those protective daddy traits you listed. Chloe is one lucky girl to have so many great father figures in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u! She really is and I am lucky to watch her relationships with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u! She really is and I am lucky to watch her relationships with all of them!

    ReplyDelete