Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sunday Funday

There is always a constant battle on Sundays of taking a lazy day, fun day, or getting stuff done.   The fun and lazy day won once again this weekend!  We slept in until 9:20 am and did not even go to church.  We did not really do much the first part of the day.  Chloe has been obsessed with watching YouTube videos of people opening toys and making toys out of Play Doh lately so that is what she wanted to do.  Surprisingly there are a bunch of these types of videos and there a channels just for unboxing toys and playing with Play Doh.   She didn’t even want to watch the Disney Channel.  I know I shouldn’t let her watch TV for long stretches like we did but I was in lazy mode and it took me a minute to climb out of it! 


We took a nap around 1 pm while Eric worked most of the day.   Eric started a new job two weeks ago and last week was his first week being gone for a majority of the time so I felt bad that he was working most of the day while we lounged and napped!  After that, we went to the store to and  as if I did not have enough relaxation time, I got me some wine to enjoy!

We got back and I started dinner: Fried Chicken Sandwiches, homemade Mac & Cheese, and homemade French fries and Dessert was ice cream cake.  I finally got to use my French fry cutter Chloe got me for Mother’s Day and I am obsessed with it!  The things that make me happy nowadays!  Eric got home with these babies!  On Saturday, I got all of our Fourth of July outfits and I was telling him how I did not want to wear my red Converse shoes because my shorts were red (yes, this really went through my mind) and that I wanted some blue ones.  He really is the best!  He has worked so hard which is not different from any other week but he still takes the timeout to make me happy!   




We watched Kingsmen which was actually pretty good  and then we got things in order to conquer Monday!


Other weekend shenanigans:




6 comments:

  1. We totally skipped church this week too! Oops! Isn't it fun when the men in your life surprise you with something-especially when it's something you really want?!

    'Tis Our Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I don't feel so bad! I agree, I love it

      Delete
    2. Now I don't feel so bad! I agree, I love it

      Delete
  2. Love the Converse/shorts color debate. I got the white ones specifically for the 4th which is also Brielana's birthday(!) but worry about getting them dirty ALL THE TIME, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I have been debating on the white ones forever! I know I will get them so dirty so that is exactly why I have been holding out!

      Delete