Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weekend Recap

Between toddler fits, we had a really good weekend.  It was one of the few weekends it has not rained all day so we really took advantage of it and stayed outside most of the day on Saturday
 We did a little shopping at The Legends which is a shopping center in Kansas.  One thing I am all about is a deal and I have a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to finding the deals.  Unless it is something I really want, I do not buy anything for retail price.  I ended up getting three shirts and these cute fringe  sandals for $20! 


 I originally went to get Chloe some Fourth of July shoes but ended up getting a bunch of other clearance/sale items.  Osh Kosh had an additional 50% off clearance item so I tried to contain myself and got a few $2.50 shirts and a dress for $6!  I also got some new liquid eye liner by Kat Von D and I already love it.  I usually always have to use waterproof liner and mascara because I always have smudging if I don’t but I went out on a limb because I have heard it has really great lasting power.  Also, the fact that I could not wipe it off with makeup remover in the store,  pushed me to go out on a limb and get it and I am so glad I did!  
And I took a selfie!  Write that down in the history books!  It was kind of fun, I should do it more often!
We finally left and ended up going to dinner around 9 pm.  Chloe was a champ though and there were no meltdowns at the restaurant.  I took advantage of happy hour and ordered some half price appetizers and this beautiful Long Island Iced Tea.  After we put Chloe to bed, Eric and I stayed up until about 1 am and listened to music and just acted silly together singing and dancing.  (The long island might have had something to do with my silliness!) 

Yes, that is a pony in the background!  Drinking pictures just aren't like they used to be back in the day!

The next day, we had to go all the way back to the mall to exchange Fourth of July shoes I got Chloe.  Chloe had to bring all of her friends along.  This child is OBSESSED with My Little Pony and has to bring them everywhere.  It is so funny because she knows when one is missing and will not rest until it is found.  Chloe had an accident while we were out when she was in her carseat and said, "Look at me pee!"  We have been battling with her lying about needing to go potty and she will tell us she has to go potty just to get out of her carseat/stroller/high chair or if she wants to just go walk around.  I remember one time when we were out, I took her to the bathroom three times and she never went.  So, when we were in the store before leaving, she asked to go potty after I had already took her after so I told her no.  Bad choice.  Lesson learned though, I guess we will just have to deal with it until she grows out of it!

We also ran some errands and then  I started up dinner while Chloe and Eric made homemade popsicles.  Chloe loved it and I cannot wait to take them out of the freezer tonight.
That was our weekend!  With Eric being gone a lot with work, we really cherished being together all weekend and being able to get out and about.  As if I did not post enough pics, here are a few more!





9 comments:

  1. My daughter has to bring ALLLL of her my little ponies everywhere we go. Half of our fights are me just saying YOU CANNOT BRING ALL OF YOUR MY LITTLE PONIES ON THE BEACH or things like that. So glad you and Eric got to act all silly together til 1am. Having fun alone time is so important ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I am so glad we are not alone with this pony battle! I agree, enjoying each other and having adult time keeps us from going crazy!

      Delete
  2. Yay for no rain! Texas had a crazy rain streak in May and June and we are so grateful for the sunshine. Sounds like you got some great deals while shopping!! Osh Kosh always has good sales. I love shopping there for Mason. Sounds like a good weekend. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain is out of control this year so we def took were grateful to be able to actually enjoy the sunshine! I sure did, something about a good deal makes me feel so accomplished ! Lol! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love bargain shopping too! You got some great deals this weekend. That's so cute about Chloe and her ponies. Ez is the same way with his cars. I feel like whenever we go out I'm constantly doing a headcount of his toys otherwise he'll be distraught if we leave one behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and there were sooo many good deals this weekend! I had to give myself a pat on the back! Haha, the toy battle is real! That is exactly how I feel and it is funny how they know exactly what toy is missing!

      Delete
  4. Long Island teas are my weakness--and a good mudslide!! I love bargain shopping too! I don't think I'm ever going to potty train Brylee lol. Maybe one day...

    'Tis Our Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I forgot about mudslides, those are yummy too! I know what you mean, I was so happy to not have to change diapers but now we have this new issue but I guess that is parenthood!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, I forgot about mudslides, those are yummy too! I know what you mean, I was so happy to not have to change diapers but now we have this new issue but I guess that is parenthood!

      Delete