Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Fourth of July Weekend

This Fourth of July was a little different in the fact that I made zero plans other than our outfits of course!  Every holiday especially The Fourth, I make plans something as a host but not this year!  It was weird how I honestly did not even make an effort and I did not pin a crap load of ideas of Pinterest...  It was kind of nice!  We really just winged it (which I never do, there must be a plan!)  but it did not bother me surprisingly.  

So, we started out our three day weekend all together with lunch, a little shopping, firework shopping and a fireworks display.





On The Fourth, we woke up with no plan, ate breakfast, and got ready for the day,  We headed out the door not even knowing where we were going!  We decided to go get Chloe some red Converse so headed to the mall to get pick some up!  After that we met up with Eric's friend and his girlfriend for some BBQ,  We ended up going to Gates which is a Kansas City fave which is saying a lot since KC is known for their BBQ!  
We went to a Bar B Que and shot off some fireworks and Chloe made a bunch of new friends.  There was this little boy that was playing hard to get at first and Chloe slowing made him like her and they were holding hands within a hour.  And then his little sister fell in love with her too.  I went with two other girls and all the kids to the park for a little bit and Chloe and the little boy were just walking through the field holding hands.  It was the cutest thing ever!  I swear Chloe wanted to hold hands with all the kids,  After that, we headed to another firework display with some friends and Chloe could care less! As soon as we got in the car, she was knocked out.

Then on Sunday, we went to Eric's dad's house because he was cooking out.  Chloe and I ended up in the hot tub with our clothes on and Chloe is a little fish so she had a blast even after she choked on water and then threw up in it!  Don't worry, I caught it with my hand like a pro!  

When I finally convinced Chloe to get out of the hot tub, we finished off our fireworks and then headed home.

So, that was out Fourth!  It was a good change from having a plan laid out and just being able to wing it this time.  It kind of freaked me out at first but I got used to it real quick! 








10 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best weekends are the ones when you have no plans! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I totally love all of Chloe's curls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! We did have a great weekend, it went by too quick though! Thank, I do too but she will prob hat e them!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous that you had zero plans - sounds fabulous! All of our holidays are always so ridiculous busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that is how it usually is with us and it felt soooo good to not be in charge of plans!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you couldn't have planned a better 4th if you tried. The pics of them holding hands is adorable. Young love is the cutest! I love how fast kids make friends. And way to go with those mom reflexes! I've yet to catch throw up in my hands, but I'm pretty sure that's a motherhood rite of passage.

      Delete
    3. Yea, it kinda went perfect! I know, I just love how Chloe makes friends so quick! I think the innocence in kids makes it such a natural thing to befriend other kids. Haha I was pretty impressed myself on the throw up catching skills!

      Delete
    4. Yea, it kinda went perfect! I know, I just love how Chloe makes friends so quick! I think the innocence in kids makes it such a natural thing to befriend other kids. Haha I was pretty impressed myself on the throw up catching skills!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's just so comforting to let go and not plan for once, right? Especially when everything turns out so well haha. I'm glad you guys had a good holiday. HOW CUTE they were holding hands????? And she wormed her way in when he was playing hard to get? SMART GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Weekends without plans are the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even without plans, your fourth of july sounds wonderful and relaxing, sometimes the best laid plans are the ones that are unplanned. Kyle and I didn't plan on anything either.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete