Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer Living

Summer has been good to us aside from all the damn rain we have had.  It has felt like Spring around here and then this week all of a sudden the weather wants to act like summer on steroids and the moisture from the rain and the heat is not a good mix.  Other than that, we have really enjoyed ourselves in Summer 2015.  We do not really get out and do much except for the weekends with the way our schedules have gone over the last couple months with Eric's new job but we definitely make up for it when we get the chance.  I wanted to share some of our summer so far... 



 There hasn't been as much sun as we would like with all the rain but we have had our fair share of water so far.  And when we can't play in the sun, we play in the rain...


This is from the beginning of summer on one of those rainy nights.  I was so excited for summer to start and be able to get to the pool but that def wasn't happening so I decided to take Chloe out in her little panties to play in the rain!  Eric took some pics and then started in with the, "She is gonna get sick, come inside."  I guess someone has to be an adult in this relationship! 
We also indulged in a couple "school night" sleepovers.  Technically it was not a school night since the girls are on summer break but  it was still a work night for  us.  Things like brownie making, dancing, Netflix, were among the many activities we indulged in.
Lots of outside activities like duck feeding, playing at the park, flower picking, and more!  

With everything we have done, I haven't even put a dent in my summer bucket list.  I plan on getting some things checked off this week/weekend because I really want to experience most of the activities on that list with Chloe.  




10 comments:

  1. Playing at the park and feeding the ducks is something we do regularly too :) We also go to the splash pad almost every day to try and beat the heat! Xo, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun to feed aside from all the bird crap EVERYWHERE! Gotta love splash pads, if you're getting outside in the heat, you have to incorporate some kind of water!

      Delete
  2. Its irritating when the weather doesnt cooperate with our plans! But it looks like you guys are making the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It is nice sometimes to just cuddle and watch movies in a rain storm so it works out sometimes until it gets old! We are really trying!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're having fun with what time you have available, even if it's not things on your bucket list... but good luck checking those things off this week and weekend! I think I went a little too crazy with my list and with summer flying by I have no idea how I'll finish it all in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we are really trying to find fun things to do! I know what you mean about the bucket list but as long as we do as many fun acrivities as we can for Chloe, I won't be worried if everything on our list doesn't get checked off!

      Delete
  4. I must admit that I'm totally jealous of all your rain! Although the heat + humidity? Miserable! Especially here in AZ!
    Love these sweet summertime photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain can be nice after these hot days and I know Arizona heat is on another level especially for a prego! Yea the humidity is terrible, it juat slaps you in th face when you walk outside and I stay a frizY mess! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. School night sleepovers (even though 'technically' not a school night)-- what a fun mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sorry you guys are getting so much rain. We got so much {and so many storms} this spring/early storm. Glad you’re still enjoying your sum! Cute pictures. And I love your rain boots!

    ReplyDelete