Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Life Lately

Our life lately has consisted of adjusting to Eric being gone and working way more.  I feel like our life has been shaken up and I have been getting down on myself that I am not adjusting as quickly and gracefully as I would like.  I know it is in my head and that mommy guilt we all get is affecting my feelings.  It is going to take a while to get used to and I have to keep telling myself that I am only human.  But really the guilt just towers over me whether it is guilt for not giving Chloe more attention, not being able to finish everything in a day, not having the motivation to do everything, and not being able to cater to Eric as much I would like.  I have to remember I am not going to check everything off my to do list and I am really am blessed to have a healthy, amazing family and that is all that matters.

Other than sulking a bit in my feelings, I have of course been enjoying life especially when all three of us are together!  We got to spend the weekend together and on Saturday, we went to Oceans and Worlds of Fun which are a water park and theme park.  Boy, it was tiring but was so fun!  We went with Eric's sister and her family.  First we went to the water park and then the theme park.  Chloe loved the water as usual.  We were done around 5 pm and then went to the theme park.  Now, I do not ride roller coasters because not only am I afraid of heights, I do not trust them at all.  Eric and his sister went on this roller coaster that brings you up 301 feet in the air and then just spins at the top and ended up getting stuck at the top for like 7 minutes!  I was freaking out inside but they finally brought them down and Eric acted like nothing happened!  They have Planet Snoopy where all the kids that are 48 in and under can go to ride mini coasters and she loved that also.  I rode a few with her and there was two that actually scared me!  Yes, I am a woos!



I have also found some makeup products I really and enjoying.  I got this liquid eyeliner from Sephora.  It is the Kat Von D tattoo liner and it is amazing especially for someone who has to usually get waterproof mascara!  It was around $18 but I think on certain makeup items, it is worth it to spend the extra money.  
I also got this about a month ago.  I really wanted to get a powder for my concealer that has a brightening effect to it  and I found Bare Minerals Well Rested. A little goes a long way and I love the how bright it makes my under eye area.
Chloe has been saying some really funny things lately and has been cracking us up.  One of the latest things is, "You my best friend Mommy!" or the occasionally, "You not my friend anymore!" when she is mad at you.  She is also obsessed with "Watch me"  which is all over the radio.  Here are some videos of her dancing to it.
https://instagram.com/p/5ivQ_mwn0v/

I know that was random but it felt good to type it all out!

3 comments:

  1. I know it feels lonely when he's not around, believe me. My husband is only around for a bit in the morning then works from the early afternoon til late. Then he's home just enough to eat and get ready for bed so it's usually just be and Sofi during the day. Things will get better...you just have to believe in that and in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you can relate. I think the adjustment will take a while but I have faith everything will work itself out and it will end up being our normal for a while!

      Delete
  2. The guilty feelings are valid but don't let them get you down. You can't be Super Woman; no one can. I have a friend who went to Worlds of Fun about a month ago. She had a great time. I may have to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete