Monday, January 11, 2016

2015 in Review

I am a little late on doing this post but I have been seeing so many people post their 2015 reviews and I have loved reading them so I decided to copy!  To be honest, 2015 was a year that tested my strength emotionally and was a really hard one on my family but then again God pulled up through and that to me is something to be grateful for especially being someone who has not had to go through many major hardships in life.  We had a lot of health issues with my aunt and almost lost her a few times and then found out my mom has Stage 4 Colon cancer  but then we also found out we were expecting our second child and not only that, we we were expecting our first boy!   Those are def two different side of the emotional spectrum but that is life right!?

January
First off, we started going to church again in 2015 where we had our first meltdown of the year.

I turned 26 and brought up frequently I was now in my late 20s!  In true mommy life, Chloe got the first bite of my cake!

We accomplished potty training Chloe a month after turning 2.

February
My young boyfriend caught up to me and turned 27 also!

We celebrated Valentine's Day.  Chloe painted her own toes/nails and tattoos for the first time.


March
 Alot of dressing ourselves and wearing multiple skirts and dresses every day.


We went to the zoo and celebrated ST Patty's Day.



April
We got rid of the crib and got Chloe a toddler bed and made a few tweaks to her new big girl room,


Easter and the Easter Bunny came.


May
Eric started a new job where he is gone a lot.  It was def a test but we are getting used to it!

Mother's Day came and momma got spoiled.


 We swam, played, and had all kinds of summer fun.

June
We celebrated the best Daddy on  Father's Day.

July
We celebrated The Fourth with friends.

Chloe had her first Build a Bear experience.

August
My blog hiatus started.

We found out we were expecting a 2nd addition!

Our journey began with my mother's cancer journey,  We did not know for sure if it was cancer but we found out she had a lot of spots on her lungs and liver.

October
My blog hiatus ended and I announced on my blog we were expecting.

We found out that my mom did indeed have cancer.

We did lots of Fall activities and celebrated Halloween.


Chloe experienced her first Royals baseball game.


November

I found out the worst news of my life.  After a few more tests and scans, we found out my mother has Stage 4 Colon Cancer and started her chemotherapy treatments.

We celebrated Thanksgiving and although this one was different because my mothers diagnosis, I was grateful to be able to spend it with my mother.



December
Our ultrasound appointment was one of the highlights of this month and the whole year because we found out baby #2 is a boy!

We took Chloe to her first movie "The Good Dinosaur" and she did soooo good!

We celebrated Christmas.


Chloe turned the big 3!


We celebrated with a Lego Land Party.



Even with all the bumps in the road, we left off 2015 on a good note.   Even though no New Year's Resolutions are being made by me this year, I am entering 2016 with hope and being grateful that I can do just that.


5 comments:

  1. What an event filled year and I'm sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. It's never a good feeling, believe me. I'll keep checking in on your updates on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it! I am glad I have something positive to focus on!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about your mom's diagnosis. I can't imagine getting that kind of news, let alone while being pregnant. Lots of highs and lows for sure. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers in 2016! Sure to be an exciting year with baby boy on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and prayers! I am glad I have something to kind of distract me being pregnant. Yes, we are def excited for 2016 and just staying as positive as possible!!!

      Delete