Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pinned and Tried

I am one of those people that actually try the recipes I pin and a lot of my family's favorite meals came from Pinterest so I decided to document them on my blog.  You always see recipes on Pinterest claiming to be the best this and that  which always catches my eye since I am the most gullible person out there and then I am pissed when they do not turn out good!  And then there are the recipes that look so easy and fun but are way harder than you thought.  I had been wanting to to try this Crockpot Beef Stroganoff recipe for a while so I made it this weekend.  There was no picture of the final product on the website making it even more up in the air but it did say The Absolute Best so of course I believed it!  I also like to look at the comment sections to see if anyone says they have tried it and there were a few ppl that commented they tried it and liked it.  So, this is what my turned out looking like. I served it with homemade garlic cheese bread and steamed veggies.
The Verdict:
If my boyfriend who is super picky eats his whole plate then it is a win and he did with this meal.  Even Chloe ate some and liked it.  I thought the sauce was very savory and the beef tips were so tender from cooking in the crockpot.  I made them on high because I was in a rush but I am sure cooking this on low would make it even better.  The only complaint I had was that you could see specs of cream cheese in it because it did not melt all the way.  It did not affect the taste but it was a mental thing!  I do recommend this and I will be adding this to my recipes and we will be making this again!

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
2 lbs cubed beef tips
 2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 onion
3 to 4 tbs of Worcestershire 
1/2 cup water
8 oz cream cheese
couple dashes of garlic salt
couple dashes of paprika

1.) Add everything to the crock pot except the beef tips.
2.) Mix together and then add the beef tips. 
3.) Cook on low 8 hrs.
4.) Cube the cream cheese and add to the crock pot,
5.) Put on high and cook about 10 min.

2 comments:

  1. I just did a recipe post too! Online recipes are way more miss than hit for me. I only like and reuse online recipes maybe 30% of the time. Sometimes I even make stuff and we end up ordering a pizza! Congrats on finding a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things to pin are food and preschool activities, in that order lol. The Crock Pot is my new BFF, so easy!

    ReplyDelete