Monday, February 29, 2016

Past Few Weekends & Nursery Updates

The past few weekends have been pretty much focused on getting things for baby and getting the nursery going.  Having a little more than two months left is making me pretty anxious and just ready to get everything done!  This weekend, we got all the furniture from Ikea.  It was my second time going to Ikea and first time actually buying something and that place is so overwhelming.  It is so big and I did not realize how complicating it can get to get  three furniture items.  I am pretty sure we left with like 15 boxes for three items!  Between that, chasing Chloe around, and getting out to the car realizing one of the items was damaged, we got out with everything we came for and I am glad we got it done!


Last weekend, we finished painting the room.  Or I should say Eric did with a little help from Chloe and it turned out perfect.  He still has to hang the crown molding and the chair rail where but once that is done, I know I will love it!  


I also got these from Kawaii Kids Design on Etsy.  I just bought the digital prints and then printed them at Target's photo department for about $18. I am just going to get frames from the Dollar Tree and they are 8 x 10 pictures so they will take be perfect to fill up a whole wall.


I between baby and nursery prep, we did have some time to soak in the 70 degree weather we have been having.  We went to a birthday party for a friends baby boy and Chloe was in love with him,  She kept saying, "I want that baby!"  It just made me think of how special it is going to be to see her with her baby brother.  Eric was also soaking in all the baby boy loving, I could tell he was thinking about how he will have a little boy of his own soon.  Here are some other pictures of our last few weekends.




6 comments:

  1. Whew! You've been busy! Ikea is pure madness. I have a total love hate relationship with that place. Love the gray striped walls. I did something similar with Ez's room two houses ago, and I miss it, but I'm too lazy to paint a rental ;) And those prints are adorable! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good busy though! That is exactly how I fell, kinda the same as my relationship with Walmart! Thank you! I know what you are saying, if it wasn't for Eric, it probably would not get done! I can't wait to share it!

      Delete
  2. Ikea is seriously a maze. I work 5 minutes from one and I stop by often to pick up random little things, like a couple picture frames. It ends up taking me a half hour just to walk to the frames and then to the check out - crazy!! I love the striped wall in the nursery! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! It is so awesome and the prices are great but you really have to work for the items you buy! Thank you! I am anxious to get it done and share!

      Delete
  3. The nursery walls look great so far!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!! I'm feeling the crunch with a month to go! Lol

    ReplyDelete