Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Eight Month Update


How far along: 32 weeks
Total weight gain: 30 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes!  
Stretch marks: Just on my boobs so I cannot really complain.  
Sleep: I may be sleeping too good.
Best moment of this month: The nursery is basically finished and I cannot wait to share it.  Chloe loves it too has been “helping” me.  She helped me fold his wash cloths, it was the cutest thing.  When I gave her too many, she said, “Mommy, that is too much, that is rude!”  She loves putting on his bibs and using his blankets.  Eric finally picked the baby’s name also which I thought he never would.  I told him he could pick the name since I picked Chloe’s and the indecisiveness was about to kill me!  He finally picked Mason which was one of my favorite picks.

Miss anything: Coffee and wine has been on my mind.  I have this countdown in my head going on, it is that serious!
Movement: Yes, lots of it! This baby’s movements seem to be a lot more intense than I remember with Chloe. 
Food cravings: No real cravings.  Still eating a lot more sweets than normal.

Anything making you queasy or sick: A little bit at night or after I eat something greasy.
Have you started to show yet: Oh yea! I have officially started wobbling trying to keep my balance!
Labor signs: No.  I am terrified this time around for labor since I remember what it feels like!
Belly button in or out: In still!
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty much happy.  A little worried though because my blood work showed my platelets are low.  I have always been anemic but now with me being pregnant and my platelets being low, I had to go see a high-risk doctor who directed me to a hematologist.  They directed me to the same cancer center my mom goes to for chemo which scared the shit out of me but I guess a lot of oncologists are also hematologists.  They just have to make sure that it is not affecting baby.  There really is not anything they can do for prevention but they still need to know for the labor process so they know what they can and cannot do.  I was also told if my platelets are too low, I can’t have an epidural so that is freaking me out.  I am trying to stay positive though and put it out into the atmosphere that everything will be okay.
Looking forward to:  Seeing Chloe with her baby brother.  She keeps talking about him and it makes me melt.


10 comments:

  1. I really love the name Mason. It was one of the names I added to our list if Mila had been a boy, but Tim shot it down. Mason's nursery looks fantastic. You really did a great job with both of your kids' rooms! Good luck with the hematologist - fingers crossed that everything is okay for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am actually surprised Eric liked it and picked it! Thanks a lot, it was much fun to plan since I didn't have to do any work! My doctor's office actually called to cancel the appt yesterday bc my last blood test came out normal!

      Delete
  2. I love the name and the nursery. Hopefully everything works out and you can get an epidural becuase labor hurts. I was begging for one-ha. I love hearing the cute things kids say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I know, I can't imagine not having one! Haha, I remember the pain before I had mine with Chloe and I am scared shitless! They really do say the cutest things!!!

      Delete
  3. Love Mason's nursery! How scary to be sent to a cancer center for a pregnancy checkup. Hope everything works out with your blood tests. The docs are probably just throwing all the worst case scenarios out there to cover their bases, try not to worry too much! I hope your mom is doing well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!!! They actually just cancelled the appt bc my last test came back normal but it was scary to hear! Thanks, she is really kicking butt and doing as good as possible!

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot!!! They actually just cancelled the appt bc my last test came back normal but it was scary to hear! Thanks, she is really kicking butt and doing as good as possible!

      Delete
  4. Love love love the nursery walls!!! And I only got stretch marks on my boobs too! Have you tried decaf coffee? That and decaf espresso saved my life. Non alcoholic wine though... may not be real or have a point haha. You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Really?! They still suck but I would rather have them there than my tummy! I do actually drink decaf often and it really helps but I can't wait to have that kick of caffeine! Lol, yea maybe I should pretend with some grape juice but that would just be a tease! Thank you!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Really?! They still suck but I would rather have them there than my tummy! I do actually drink decaf often and it really helps but I can't wait to have that kick of caffeine! Lol, yea maybe I should pretend with some grape juice but that would just be a tease! Thank you!!!!!

      Delete