Saturday, April 30, 2016

And Then There Was Four

Just when I thought I was going to be pregnant forever, little Mason finally graced us with his presence Sunday, April 24.  I was only 38 weeks but I had experienced so many labor signs, I kept getting my hopes up and every night, I thought, "This is the night."  Around midnight Saturday night I was started having contractions that hadn't been like any I had yet and were pretty painful but just not steady yet.  I woke up pretty much every hour on the hour with a contraction I could not sleep though.  Finally around 4 am, I felt like they were steady enough and we went to the hospital just to be sent home.  Literally as soon as we were leaving, I started having more intense and closer contractions but we just went home because I didn't want to just be sent home again.  Two hours later, we were back at the hospital getting admitted and was at 4 cm.   Between waiting on being admitted, waiting on blood tests to come back, and  waiting on the anesthesiologist to come up, I got to 7 cm and the pain was so much worse than it was with Chloe.  Once I got the epidural, it was smooth sailing from there and Mason entered this world at 3:31 pm.  He was exactly 8 lbs and 19.75 inches long.

He is perfect in every way and came in this world alert but calm.  I remember asking the doctor if he was okay a couple times because he did not cry very much at all.   


Chloe came in to visit her brother and it was the best moment.  She was so in awe on him and kept on saying, "I wanna touch him." and "He is so cute."  I could not ask for a better experience.  Eric was perfect, Chloe was perfect, and our family is complete with our new addition. 





11 comments:

  1. Aww! Congrats! I'm glad it was a quick and easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! He is perfect!! Soo glad everything went well!!! He is just too cute!! I feel like all the babies that have been born this month have been around 8lbs haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is funny because I was thinking the same about these 8 pounders!

      Delete
  3. So precious! Congratulations Kasey! Youre family is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your handsome new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for your family! He is handsome. What is his middle name? Just asking because I am excited that he is a Mason, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason is so, so sweet. Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, love these newborn pics! Congrats! He really is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete