Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites & Thoughts

It has been a great week but yesterday was just one of those days.  Chloe woke up fussy  and it was just one of those mornings where nothing seems to want to work in your favor!  The day ended with two glasses of wine, Chloe eating an ice cream cone before dinner (because I lost all care at that point), and dinner consisting of multiple frozen foods we had in the freezer.  So after that day, I am ready for the weekend!  

1.) I tried this new recipe and I LOVED it!  It is a Crispy Chicken Pasta with Italian Sauce which I had pinned years ago and I was looking through my pins and found it.  I have never made a pasta with crsipy chicken, I usually use grilled chicken but I really loved it and the recipe called for it to be fried in olive oil so that made it a little better than frying in vegetable oil.  

2.) I cleaned our oven Wednesday for the first time since living at our home.  I am not even ashamed to say how happy it is making me to have a clean oven,  It looks like a new oven!  For the inside of the oven,  I used this technique which called for baking soda, dish soap, and water to make a paste and let it sit for 15 minutes.  It took me all day to do in between taking care of my kiddos and because our oven was pretty bad but if I keep up on it, I think it probably would not take anymore than 30 minutes.  I also cleaned the oven racks using this technique.  You soak them in the tub on top of towels so you do not scratch the tub,  All you do it let is sit in dish soap, water, and dryer sheets for several hours and then wipe them off.  Just look at this beauty....

3.) Chloe had her first dentist appointment this week and she did sooo good.  I was so surprised at how well she did.  We did not have any problems getting and keeping in her in the seat and she just sat that like a little angel and let them do what they needed! Proud momma for sure!

4.) I have been thinking about adding some decor to the walls in the kids playroom.  Before Mason was born, his room was Chloe's playroom and she literally could not even use it because every incch of the room was filled with toys and you could not even get in there.  So, I went through everything and gave away over half of the toys away and we made half of Eric's man cave downstairs into their playroom.  I love how it turned out but the walls are pretty bare and it is an excuse for me to decorate which I really love to do.  All the decor I have found it more than I want to spend so I have been brainstorming and browsing online for ideas to make my own decor without it looking too cheap.  I want to display Chloe artwork so I plan on buying some dollar tree frames and painting them to display.  I also plan on getting cardboard letters at the craft store that spell out Play and paint them to display.
I love this gallery wall that I found here.

5.) Growing up, I have always had a unibrow that I got from my dad so as soon as my mom let me, I shaved it and plucked and got a little too cared away,  By a little, I mean a lot.  I have since grown in a lot of my brows back but they are still patchy and I am pretty sure I will never have a natural full brow like I once had.  I fill them in and out of all the products I have used, I always end up loving the expensive products.  I absolutely love the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz but they are about $25 and I literally die a little inside when I spend the money on it.  They last longer than any other pencil I have used but not long enough to justify that kind og money.  So, when I saw online that ColourPop was launching eyebrow products, I knew I had to try it out.  I got two of the pencils and one of the  pots and they were $5 each.  I finally started using them the quality is great especially for the price I paid for them!


2 comments:

  1. Glad the dentist went well!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soo need to clean my oven!! It has a self cleaning option, we've never tried!!! Lol!! That pasta dish looks yummy!! Love the gallery wall!! I'm currently trying to find ideas for our craft/toy room!!

    ReplyDelete