Monday, July 18, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a special one.  We took Chloe swimming for the first time all summer, my aunt who I have not seen in 4 years came in town from California, and Mason has been trying to roll over. 

 On Saturday, we went to a water park for my cousin Aaliyah's birthday.  Chloe loves swimming and has been asking all summer to go but you can't do much with a new baby and Eric's work schedule is always crazy so we just have not been able to go. We decided to go ahead and take Mason.  Me being me, I had to have three fans for Mason but I still felt uneasy about it.  Not even five minutes into us being there, Mason started crying.  I know babies cry but Mason never cries, he just whines so I knew something was wrong and immediately knew it was the heat.  I think it was a mix of that and him being tired.  My cousins were making fun of me because I immediately started packing up and headed out to the car with him.  I don't care if they thought I was silly, I know my baby and he did not want to be in that heat!  Just as they say, "Listen to your body", I listen to my baby! 
As soon as I got the car cool, Mason was good and fell asleep.  As you can see below, I made a little tent in the car to block out the sun.  People were looking at me like I was crazy!  I ended up taking him to my aunt after about 30 minutes and came back to swim with Chloe and Eric which I am glad I did.  I love seeing Chloe in the water in her little life jacket and being able to have time with her and I know she enjoyed having all attention on her from mommy and daddy.
And then on Sunday, we had my Aunt Lynn who was in town from California, my dad, and my mom over.  Eric's dad ended up coming over too.  Chloe was loving it because she is obsessed with all of her grandparents.  She had never met my aunt on my dad's side and fell in love with her.  She kept saying, "I want you to stay forever!"  It was the cutest thing!
One reason Chloe is obsessed with my Dad is he lets her do his hair.  You can't tell really well but we did his hair in pigtails!
All weekend, Mason has been trying to roll over.  He will get to his side and then kick his legs and eventually starts getting pissed.  I do not remember Chloe doing all the things he is doing so quickly but he needs to slow down!  That is basically all we did all weekend.  It was a good one for sure!

6 comments:

  1. Chloe's watermelon suit it so cute! Listening to your baby is an excellent motto, mama! I would have done the same thing because I hate the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good ol' Target! Yea that heat will kick your butt!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Good ol' Target! Yea that heat will kick your butt!

      Delete
  2. I feel you on the heat thing - I would've done the same thing. The summer Mila was born, we turned down a lot of outdoor events because it was so hot and lots of people side-eyed us, but whatever. A comfy baby = a happy mommy! Chloe in that bathing suit!!! LOVE! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea that heat takes a lot out of you let alone a little baby! Exactly! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. The excitement on Chloe's face pre swimming is adorable! I don't blame Mason at all for wanting to get out of that heat. I turn into a huge grouch when it's high 80s, so I know exactly how he feels. Yay for one on one time with Chloe. I've been trying to make a point of doing that with Ez and I know it makes him feel so special.

    ReplyDelete