Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend Shots, Hair Braiding, and Post Prego Weight Loss

Happy Monday!  Our weekend was pretty low key.  Eric was working most of the weekend so it was mainly just the kids and I.  I do not know what is wrong with me but I don't grab for my camera as much so I really did not get that many pictures but I wanted to share the ones I did get and then also my progress with the baby weight.
 I FINALLY was ablel to do a french braid on Chloe's hair!  I have been practicing for months!  Literally!  People make it look so easy.  I do not know if it is just me but I just could not get it.  I try to practice a little but everyday on Chloe.  I give her my phone because somehow YouTube videos make the pain go away when getting your hair done and she lets me practice on her!  I LOVE braids on little girls so I am so excited to experiment some more and do some fun hairstyles.  Chloe's hair is so curly and get so so tangled and in the way when she is playing so braiding will make it a lot easier to get it out the way and tame it somewhat.  I was thinking about doing a post all about Chloe's curly hair so I can't wait to get some good pics of her upcoming new braids!

Mason's face in this picture makes me all fuzzy inside.  He looks so excited!  That is how most of us feel about this filter.

 Daddy admiring his boy. 
So, Mason has been putting his hands around his bottle and pulling it towards him.  If I let go, he will only hold it for a few seconds but it is really amazing me how he has such a good grip so early on and how he pulls it in his mouth on his own.  He seems so advanced to me but I am partial!
 My sweet girl on her pigtails.
 Chloe playing with her brudder,  She is so obsessed with him.
Riding with grandma.  She loves taking grandma to the store so she can ride along.  BTW, if you see my mom at Walmart, watch out!  This woman cannot drive these things. 
I weighed myself this weekend and I am down to 133 which is basically my pre-pregnancy weight, Boy was I happy to see that!  When I was at the end of my pregnancy, I was at about 172 and then about a week postpartum, I was down to 150.  I have not been pressuring myself this time around and have really been enjoying the process and am gonna try to get down to 125 which I think is a good weight for me.  I have been doing intermittent fasting and I feel like that is really what has been working for me.  I fast for 16 hours and allow 8 hours where I can eat but I still stay within 1200 calories.  This has been helping tremendously because I try to hold off on eating until 1 pm.  I am a volume eater so this allows me more food in one meal since I have not had any calories all morning except my creamer for my coffee.  Not putting a lot of pressure on myself is probably the number one thing that has helped me.  I don't get stressed about it and I am not super strict.  If I go over 1200 calories, I don't feel bad.  And if I miss a workout, I don't feel bad.  I keep in mind what my body went through to get where it is at and that alone makes me feel awesome when I see progress in my body.


8 comments:

  1. Love that french braid! I've never figured out anything except the most basic braid either, so maybe it's a good thing I have boys. Ez's hair is curly and unruly too, but then I just cut it off ;) And great job on the weight loss! You got back down to your prepregnancy weight FAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u!!! I am glad I have one boy now that I can do that with! I was the same with the regular braid...seriously took the longest to figure it out! Thank you so much! I think my body knew what to do since this was the 2nd time around and I forgot to mention I didn't have an appetite at all for a month after baby so that helped!

      Delete
  2. I have the most difficult time braiding Lilys's hair!! My sister can do the most gorgeous french braids, but I just can't even make it look halfway decent. I love the side braids too. Just cant.
    You are doing such a great job with your weight lose too! That's so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it so hard and then some ppl just have that gift to whip up a French braid like nothing! I am glad I am not the only one struggling! Thank u sooo much!

      Delete
  3. Yay for a French braid! I have yet to even try it yet - I'm too intimidated. That and Mila doesn't sit still, ever. You are looking fabulous, mama! I hope I can drop the weight that quickly after #2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Give her your phone and that will do the trick! Thank u!!! You are all belly and no extra weight anywhere else from what I can tell so I am sure you will!

      Delete
  4. Good job on the French braid! I wish I could do my own, but I am just not that talented. Great photos! And you are doing so great on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha..it is soooo much harder than it looks. I tried it today and couldn't get it! Lol so back to practicing! Thanks a lot! Feels good to get back to your normal self!

      Delete