Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter 2017

“We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.” (Romans 6:9)
So, we took the kids to an Easter parade Saturday and the above picture happened.  Mason literally smiled ear to ear as soon as Eric put him in the Easter bunny's lap.  I just knew he was going to be hysterical because he doesn't even go to family.  He is really stuck at my hip when we are around strangers.  And if that did not make me happy enough, Chloe decided this was her first year she was going to go to the Easter bunny without being scared and she even wanted to go a second time!  I swear they surprise the heck out of me sometimes!  There has been a handful of times that Mason has been called a she and we jokingly call him our little princess due to the deli woman calling him that and I can kinda see why because of the picture below.  The kid is a pretty little boy.  I mean, look at his lashes!  Chloe has always been a beauty so how can I expect anything less!


For the first time ever, Eric and I went to church.  I do not go as often as I should and Eric never goes.  I was so happy when he said he would go with us on Easter.  A week before, he asked me if you stand or sit in church.  He had no clue but I am happy he went for me!  This was my first Easter without my mom but we went to church with my aunt Emogene which is her twin so that comforted me.  Experiencing the first holidays after my mom passing is hard but having my "back up mom" makes things bearable. 




This is the first year I didn't get a cute headband for Chloe's hair.  Seems like something not worth mentioning but if you know me, you know it is a big deal finding the perfect outfit, shoes, and bow for Easter for Chloe.  I decided to go with rhinestone hair pins like you see on prom hair.  I did a little half up half down special occasion up-do situation.  I was proud of myself  because it turned out pretty good!  And I found the perfect little four piece suit on Macy's website for Mason.  He was as handsome as I imagined!

We decided to get Chloe a bike this year for Easter.  It is a little much in my opinion for Easter but we only did it because her birthday is in winter so if we get her a bike then, she won't be able to ride it for  a while.   She was so excited.  Mason was as excited as an almost one year old can be for Easter.










No comments:

Post a Comment